Polyamide Fine Composite Powder PFC03-A
The Innov’PA 2550 GBAL is a fine composite powder based on polyamide 12 (thermoplastic). This material for SLS printing is specially formulated to function on rapid prototyping systems by laser sintering or radiation. It enables production of models and functional parts in plastic engineering with long lifecycles and excellent chemical resistance. With this polyamide powder the models printed have a uniform gray color.
The Innov’PA 2550 GBAL is based on a new formulata with improved mechanical characteristics. The improved mechanical properties give better cohesion of the layers, making for a more plastic behavior. The responsive mechanics of the parts manufactured approaches the same as injected reinforced models. Surface finishing can be as quick as just blasting , but these parts can be finished and painted if needed.
The Innov’PA 2550 GBAL has refined granulometry, allowing for excellent resolution of contours and surfaces. These innovative properties make the material ideally suited for rapid manufacturing.
The reuseability of the powder on the rapid prototyping systems is optimized so that all the powder from a printing session can be re-used after sifting. Because of the special properties of Innov’PA 2550 GBAL, material waste is lower than usual for systems of rapid prototyping. Whereas most materials require the printer to be loaded with 50% new material and 50% recovered material, this material can account for up to 75% of the material for each new print, and is much more economical to use.
Applications for Innov’PA 2550 GBAL
Typical applications of Innov’PA 2550 GBAL include design communication, functional models, 3D printer requiring high precision, or 3D parts that have special requirements for mechanics, heat resistance or chemical properties.
- Repeatability of the product is granted thanks to is low shrinkage and high precision of the parts.
- Granulometry refined around 46 µm
- Excellent resolution of contour and surface for RM low shrinkage material
- Mechanical properties and mechanical behavior equal to injected reinforced parts such as talc reinforced polypropylene (PP20%T) enabling rapid manufacturing
- Useable with any SLS 3D printer – regardless of the manufacturer
- Uses continuous cycles of powder sifting and regenerating with a very lowered regeneration factor
- Uniform grey color and high cohesion of layers make it possible to print functional clips with this material
- Prints can maintain properties and behaviors up to 116°C : an example would be motor parts such as the inlet manifold
- Chemical resistance of composite Polyamide 12
- Economic cost of exploitation (ratio Q Powder/ Number of builds)
- Provisioning independent of the manufacturers